Poly-fiber blade with inch and metric scales. Digital display with hold function, inside and outside angle measuring, and reversible reading.Features:
- Perfect for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Sports Medicine, Orthopedics, Animal Science, Research and more.
- Highly accurate, repeatable and reliable joint measurements
- Streamlines joint range of motion assessments
- Compact & Lightweight
- Easy to learn and use
- Dual 10 inch/250 mm blades with center line and inch and metric graduations
- Transparent poly fiber blades permit easy location of joint axis and unobstructed observation of movement
- Latex free and hypoallergenic poly fiber blades are easily sanitized after use
- Measuring range: full 360° when rotated in either direction
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5° (half of one degree)
- Battery: 3 volt CR 2032 installed with extra included
- Battery life: typical use approx. 1 year
This device is unique in that you can set relative zero at any point in the rotation of the blades. The most important concept to grasp to master the device is learning to set relative zero at the neutral or starting point for joint measurement. The neutral or staring point varies depending on the joint. So for example, the starting point (neutral) for shoulder flexion is the arm at the side, starting point (neutral) for the elbow or knee is the limb in full extension and the starting point (neutral) for ankle dorsiflexion/plantarflexion is the foot at a 90 degree angle to the lower leg. So you must find starting point (neural) for a joint, hit the “Zero” button, rotate the blades and measure a joint in degrees. To measure the shoulder, close both blades, hit “Zero” and measure. To measure the elbow and knee fully open both blades, hit “Zero” and measure. To measure the ankle close both blades, hit “Zero”, rotate to 90 degrees, hit “Zero” a second time and measure.